Textile Engineering is a new Study Program at Universitas Islam Indonesia’s Faculty of Industrial Engineering. It was established based on the Decision Letter of the Minister of Research, Technology, and Higher Education (Ministry of Education and Culture) Number: 825/KPT/I/2019 and is a pioneering Study Program and the only one that offers Bachelor Degree (S1) for Textile Engineering in Indonesia.
The curriculum of this Study Program refers to the Indonesian National Qualifications Framework (Kerangka Kualifikasi Nasional Indonesia/KKNI) and the National Standards of Higher Education (Standar Nasional Pendidikan Tinggi/SN Dikti), and is in accordance with the ABET (Accreditation
Board for Engineering and Technology) curriculum standards – USA with a modern framework to fulfill the demands of the professional world amid the 4.0 industrial revolution era. The learning process in this Study Program is designed with flexibility in mind, using the Sandwich
Program model where prospective students who graduated from high schools/vocational high schools majoring in exact sciences may enroll. In addition, this program is open to students originating from Diploma 1/2/3 programs who want to want to take on Undergraduate program with a study term of less than 8 semesters. Furthermore, they are allowed to study while working during which time.
To build passion and global competitiveness into UII Textile Engineering Study Program Graduates, this Study Program offers four majors, i.e. Syar’i Fashion and Garment Design; Textile, Batik and Traditional Textile Crafts Manufacturing; Special Textile Processes (Smart Textile); and Digitalization and Information Systems. Collaborating with several foreign universities (The Saxion University, Netherlands and University of Boras, Sweden and Manchester University UK), the UII Textile Engineering Study Program offers scholarships for the Undergraduate dual degree program and Postgraduate study.
Graduates of the Textile Engineering Undergraduate Program can have careers in many national private companies, government, and banking sector, which may include:
- Textile Industry and Textile Products
- Interior Design
- Educational and Training Institutions
- Medical Textiles Industry
- Muslim Fashion Designer
- Synthetic and Natural Fiber Industry
- Spinning, Weaving, Finishing, and Garment Industry
- Engineering Services
- Textile Business
- Batik Researcher of Government and Private Agencies.
Application Requirements and Procedures
Registration & Selection
The New Student Admission (PMB) at Universitas Islam Indonesia for Undergraduate (S1) and Diploma (D3) Programs is held in four selection patterns, i.e.: Computer Based Test (CBT), Paper Based Test (PBT), Honors Student Appraisal (PSB), and Quran Hafiz Appraisal (PHA).
More information about the requirements and procedures of UII New Student Admission selection pattern is available at pmb.uii.ac.id
INTERNATIONAL PROGRAM (IP)
The following requirement is specifically relevant to Applicants of International Program who register via the PSB and PHA selection patterns. They are required to submit their English proficiency test results, such as CEPT from CILACS UII (minimum score of 475), TOEFL®ITP (470), TOEFL iBT (52), or IELTS (5.5).
When you are applying to Universitas Islam Indonesia as an international student, you will need to satisfy the entry requirements for undergraduate (bachelor/diploma) admission. Read the requirements by downloading information provided from the link available below.
The Country Specific Undergraduate Entry Requirements information will help to clarify your eligibility to apply, based on the country where you finished your high school studies.
Components and Estimated Tuition Fees
The estimated cost of tuition and fees for Undergraduate (S1) and Diploma (D3) programs for UII New Student Admission for the Academic Year of 2020/2021 can be downloaded through the link available on this page.
The table of estimated cost of tuition and fees contains information regarding the estimated cost components with the following notes:
- The estimated minimum cost is calculated based on the lowest value of the Catur Dharma Fee in the related study program, and added with the Tuition (Sumbangan Pembinaan Pendidikan/SPP) value in the relevant study program.
- The estimated maximum cost is calculated based on the highest value of the Catur Dharma Fee in the related study program, and added with the Tuition (Sumbangan Pembinaan Pendidikan/SPP) value in the relevant study program.
- The Catur Dharma Amount appears on the table shall not be applicable to applicants who applied through the Independent PBT selection pattern.
- Study Term Prediction for Non-exact and Exact Sciences are respectively 3.5 and 4 years.
- Tuition (SPP) is payable annually in 4 installments.
- For Undergraduate Study Programs (S1), the estimated tuition fees do not include fees for KKN (student community service), Undergraduate Thesis, and Thesis Defense.
- For Diploma Study Programs (D3), the estimated tuition fees do not include Fees for Diploma Thesis, Diploma Thesis Defense, and Professional Placement (PKL) Report Presentation.
- Specifically for Medical Education Undergraduate (S1) Study Program, the estimated tuition fees do not include fees for KKN (student community service), Undergraduate Thesis, Thesis Defense, and Clinical Education Stage Costs.
Rates for KKN, Diploma Thesis, Undergraduate Thesis, Thesis Defense, and PKL Report Presentation will be calculated in accordance with the rates set in the year of implementation.
Global Mobility Program
In collaboration with several partner universities of UII, the Faculty of Industrial Engineering offers double degree program for Undergraduate (S1) students. The partners are:
- The Saxion University, Netherlands
- University of Boras, Sweden
- The University of Manchester, UK
For more information on the double degree program, please contact the UII Office of International Affairs at: 0274 898 410 or email: io[at]uii.ac.id
For more information click here
Thinking about studying other disciplines?
UII offers many choices of education programs which include 4 diploma programs, 25 bachelor programs, 12 masters programs, 4 doctoral programs, and 3 professional programs, with a variety of disciplines in the fields of business, economy, social sciences, law, engineering, mathematics, natural sciences, pharmacy, medicine and many others.
Disclaimer: This information is valid for the Academic Year of 2021/2022 and is subject to change depending on the policies in Universitas Islam Indonesia
|S. T. – Sarjana (S1)|
|Duration of Study|
|7 Semester (estimated full-time study)|
|K.H. Mas Mansyur Building
Jalan Kaliurang KM 14,5
Sleman, Yogyakarta 55584
International Accreditation :
Join UII and develop your potentials by studying disciplines that suit your interests and career plans
New Student Admission
(0274) 898444 ext. 1234
Are you a foreign applicant and want to study at UII by attending regular programs using Bahasa Indonesia? Find information about requirements and procedures via the links below: