This strategic plan was devised with the following things in mind:
- Vision, mission, objectives, and primary tasks of UII as outlined in Statute of 2017.
- Strategic Direction 2018-2022 PYBW UII. This document directs development focus of UII toward international reputation built upon competitive excellence (innovation), quality management, and organizational values, supported by four capabilities of the institution: leadership, resources/capital, content, and process/system.
- Development Master Plan of Universitas Islam Indonesia 2008-2038. With regards to its preparation, we see our Strategic Plan as a document that needs reviewing to get updated and adjusted for relevance to trends and implementation of achieved development in past periods and recent progress in education, industry, and general community.
- UII’s recent progress in Rectorate period of 2014-2018 and the result of Accreditation of Higher Education Institution (AIPT) of 2017. An organization is basically path-dependent, bound to its previous condition. The result of the SWOT analysis above captures this condition. In this context, the principle of almuhafadhotu ala alqodim ashshalih, wa alahdzu bi( المحافظة عÑ القد|م الصالح والأخذ wالجد|د الأصلح لأصلح aljadidi alashlah), this strategic plan preserves those which poses virtues from the previous period and introduces new, better ones. Some recent conditions of UII are illustrated in this strategic plan.
- The change-promoting trends discussed in brief above are: (A) digital technology, (b) democratization of knowledge and access, (c) global mobility, (d) collaboration with industries and the community, (e) more intense competition, and (f) diminishing values in community.
- Reflection upon fundamental values of the founding of UII are (a) integration of science and religion, (b) diversity of Islamic view, (c) nationality, and (d) internationalization.
UII Quality Targets of 2019-2022