The Faculty of Islamic Studies (FIAI) is a distinctive need for UII. It has been opened since the establishment of UII. The faculty has developed and produced numerous graduates having reasonable quality. The reality shows that FIAI needs continuous improvement and development either institutionally or structurally to be able to anticipate and overcome the future challenges. As a faculty which is rahmatan lil’alamin, FIAI has a vision to be a center of reference for Islamic law, education, and economy. Efforts are done to prepare professional experts on Islamic Law, Education, and Economy having commitment towards superiority in competencies.
Reviewing the recent developments while also considering the purpose of UII establishment, FIAI UII opens Doctor of Islamic Law Study Program (DHI JSI FIAI UII) consisting of Islamic Law and Sharia Economics Concentrations.
Its specialty is producing experts of doctoral graduates in Islamic law having knowledge on Islam and Indonesia as well as mastering the system of Indonesian law.
DHI aims to produce doctor graduates in Islamic Law with the knowledge on the integration of science and Indonesian culture who have:
- The leadership spirit and ability to cooperate;
- The capability to identify, formulate, and discover solution to the law issues addressed in multidisciplinary;
- The proficiency in leveraging information technologies to support the quality of education, researches, publications, community services, and Islamic missionary works;
- The ability to communicate legal ideas or concepts in spoken or written;
- The responsibilities and ethics in the field;
- The spirit to improve their knowledge and the high integrity among the societies.
The vision of DHI is to “Make the Doctor of Islamic Law Study Program of The Faculty of Islamic Studies of Universitas Islam Indonesia as the first choice for Doctor of Islamic Law education with the knowledge on the integration of science, Islam, and Indonesian culture at ASEAN level on 2030”.
- Islamic Law with knowledge on the integration of Islamic science is the Islamic Law learning in DHI FIAI UII based on Alquran and Alhadis as the main sources enriched by scientific perspectives and treasuries of Islamic law references from the classic, middle, and contemporary eras;
- Islamic Law having knowledge on Indonesia is the study of Islamic Law that dialectics with the Indonesian law and social system.
- The role of alumni in Islamic law having the knowledge on the integration of Islamic science and Indonesia at the ASEAN level on 2030;
- DHI FIAI UII collaborates with the higher education institutions at the ASEAN level.
Meanwhile, the mission of DHI is oriented to the Islamic Law education, researches, publications, community services and Islamic missionary works having knowledge on the integration of Islamic science and Indonesia.
- Administrating Doctor of Islamic Law Education which has the theoretical and practical capabilities with the knowledge on the integration of scientific and Indonesia.
- Administrating Doctor of Islamic Law Education as thinkers and researches with knowledge on the integration of scientific and Indonesia.
- Administrating Doctor of Islamic Law Education to produce experts on Islamic Law who are capable of developing, spreading, interpreting, and answering the actual issues from the Islamic Law point of view having scientific and Indonesian characteristics, as well as high integrity.
The administration of DHI is oriented to produce graduates or Doctors with scientific competences and characteristics of Islamic Law study, as follows:
|No.||Profile of Graduates||Specifications|
|1||Capable of interpreting actual issues from the Islamic law point of view with Islamic and Indonesian characteristics.||Main Specification: Academics at Universities and Experts on Law and Islamic Law.|
|2||Capable of answering social problems by means of published scientific/written paper and/or actions to give contribution to Islamic Law planning advices.||Additional Specification: Researches, Developers, and Writers of Islamic Law science in Social-Religious field.|
|3||Capable of deciding and resolving various disputes with accountable court competences academically and constitutionally.||Other Specification: Thinkers, practitioners, and consultants on the growth and development implementation of Muslims.|
Application Requirements and Procedures
- Have graduated from any major of Master Program of public or private Universities/Institutes.
- International students must master Indonesian language and acquire permission from the Ministry of Education.
- Completing the enrollment fee and forms.
- Master program (S2) graduates outside the field of Islamic laws must enroll to Matriculation courses.
- Minimum Grade Point Average (IPK) of 3.0 (three point zero).
- Enrollment fee of Rp500,000 (five hundred rupiahs)
- Statement Letter with a Stamp Duty
- Academic References/Recommendation Letters
- Legalized Diploma of Bachelor and Master Degree
- Legalized Academic Transcript of Bachelor and Master Degree
- A TOEFL/CEPT/TOAFL certificate
- A Birth Certificate of the prospective students
- An Identity Card (KTP) and Family Card of the prospective students
- Prospective students who are currently working must attach study permit from the work place institution.
- The most recent 4×6 sized color photo on the blue background, face must be clearly visible, positioned facing straight to the camera, eyes open, and does not covered by any ornaments. Face proportion is 80% of the photo area.
- Dissertation Proposal Plan
Procedure of Enrollment:
- Completing the enrollment fee payment via Bank Transfer
- Confirming the Payment via Whatsapp on 081-7542-5758 or directly by visiting the Administration Office of DHI FIAI UII, Jl. Demangan Baru No. 24, Lantai 2 Yogyakarta 55281.
- The form shall be sent following one of the options below:
- Hard Copy Form, sent by post to the registrant’s address
- Online Form, sent via link to the registrant’s contact person
- Completing the enrollment form and sending it back to the secretariat of the study program
- For the Hard Copy Form, the requirements must be attached to the submission.
For the Online Form, the requirements must be uploaded
Components and Estimated Tuition Fees
The Total Tuition Fee of DHI is Rp 92,500,000 (Ninety two million and five hundred thousand rupiahs).
The fee includes;
- Contribution for Education Development (SPP) fee for four semesters
- Comprehensive/qualification test fee
- Seminar on proposal examination fee
- Dissertation consultation fee
- Eligibility test fee,
- Closed test fee
- Opened test fee
Global Mobility Program
The Global Mobilities of DHI is performed by participating in the scientific activities at the international level, such as:
- International Seminars/Conferences
- International Scientific Publications
- Student Exchange Programs
Thinking about studying other disciplines?
UII offers many choices of education programs which include 4 diploma programs, 26 bachelor programs, 12 masters programs, 5 doctoral programs, and 3 professional programs, with a variety of disciplines in the fields of business, economy, social sciences, law, engineering, mathematics, natural sciences, pharmacy, medicine and many others.
Disclaimer: This information is valid for the Academic Year of 2022/2023 and is subject to change depending on the policies in Universitas Islam Indonesia
|Dr. – Doctor (S3)|
|Duration of Study|
|– 4 Years (Normal Duration of Study; 4 Semesters of Lectures and 4 Semesters of Dissertation Writing)
– 7 Years; Maximum Duration of Study of 14 Semesters
|Gedung K.H.A. Wahid Hasyim
Kampus Terpadu UII
Jl. Kaliurang KM 14.5 Sleman Yogyakarta
❯ B (BAN-PT)
International Accreditation :
Join UII and develop your potentials by studying disciplines that suit your interests and career plans
New Student Admission
(0274) 898444 ext. 1234